If you do SharePoint 2010 development and you haven’t used this plugin for Visual Studio you have really missed a jewel:
CKSDev – Community Kit for SharePoint: Development Tools Edition
- Copy Assembly Name: Quickly get the Assembly name with namespace and everything, e.g. “DCR.Service, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bca0ae98ad91855f”
- Sandbox Compile: Compile against the Sandbox Object Model, if that works you can be more certain that you only use methods that are allowed within the sandbox
- Generate Entity Classes: Generate the SPMetal (Linq to SharePoint) entities. That is great for small projects – in bigger scenarios you have to use the spmetal.exe to create it (it does not support namespacing or exclude list etc)
- Several new Visual Studio templates: Sandboxed Visual Web Part (try to build one by yourself! 🙂 ), Custom Actions for the ribbon, SharePoint Console Application (includes the references to SharePoint etc).
Why I love the plugin:
It really speeds up my daily work – quick “deploy” is awesome same is “attach to all SharePoint processes” for debugging!
How to get it:
CKSDev.codeplex.com or in the Visual Studio Extension:
I am a plugin hunter!
So whats your favorite Plugin/Tool for SharePoint?
Max’s free time is spent on twitter (@maxmelcher) mostly with a good coffee in his hands.
Latest posts by Max Melcher (see all)
- PowerShell: Upload a CSV file to a SharePoint List - September 11, 2017
- How about building a magic mirror?! - March 25, 2017
- SharePoint App, Custom Domain and free SSL certificate - March 25, 2017