If you do SharePoint 2010 development and you haven’t used this plugin for Visual Studio you have really missed a jewel:
CKSDev – Community Kit for SharePoint: Development Tools Edition
- Copy Assembly Name: Quickly get the Assembly name with namespace and everything, e.g. “DCR.Service, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bca0ae98ad91855f”
- Sandbox Compile: Compile against the Sandbox Object Model, if that works you can be more certain that you only use methods that are allowed within the sandbox
- Generate Entity Classes: Generate the SPMetal (Linq to SharePoint) entities. That is great for small projects – in bigger scenarios you have to use the spmetal.exe to create it (it does not support namespacing or exclude list etc)
- Several new Visual Studio templates: Sandboxed Visual Web Part (try to build one by yourself! ), Custom Actions for the ribbon, SharePoint Console Application (includes the references to SharePoint etc).
Why I love the plugin:
It really speeds up my daily work – quick “deploy” is awesome same is “attach to all SharePoint processes” for debugging!
How to get it:
CKSDev.codeplex.com or in the Visual Studio Extension:
I am a plugin hunter!
So whats your favorite Plugin/Tool for SharePoint?
Max has led SharePoint implementations for Dax 30 companies since 2009.
Max’s free time is spent on twitter mostly with a good coffee in his hands.
Latest posts by Max Melcher (see all)
- Powershell Script to Efficiently Locate Large Files in SharePoint 2010/2013 - March 23, 2015
- Its over! (My 2014 Review) - January 4, 2015
- SharePoint Search: What Managed Properties do my Items have? (Or: Search Query Tool v2.2. – the missing manual) - January 1, 2015